Terms and Conditions
The Organisers (Dalgety Community Trust) reserve the right to modify these terms and conditions without notice.
- By entering the Competition, you agree to the provisions of these Terms and Conditions and to comply fully with them.
- The Competition is open to anyone.
- If you are under the age of 16 you must have permission to enter the Competition from your parent, carer or guardian. By submitting an entry for the Competition, your parent/carer/guardian is deemed to have given such consent and to agree to the use of the entry as described in these Terms and Conditions.
- The Organisers cannot be held responsible for emails that do not arrive due to the entrant’s email security settings or restrictions placed by their Internet service provider.
- All photographs must be entered via email to [email protected] and be clearly marked as ‘2023 Calendar Photograph Entry’. You must submit your name, and contact details with your entry. You should also include which month you would like your image to appear in.
- Entrants may submit more than one photograph, but each photograph must be accompanied by a caption of 12 words or less setting out what the image submitted means to them. Photograph’s and captions will be judged equally together.
- If your photograph features any person or people, they should be aware that they are being photographed and permission should be obtained from all involved (or their parent’s/guardian’s permission if under 16) for their photograph to be submitted in the Competition. If it is clear that the people are not aware of their picture being taken or are embarrassed in any way by any entry we receive, Dalgety Community Trust reserves the right to disqualify the entry.
Copyright and reproduction
- You must be the sole author and owner of the copyright for all images entered. You will retain copyright of your entries at all times and always be credited alongside your picture.
- By entering your images into the Competition, you grant permission to Dalgety Community Trust exclusive license to reproduce the images for the following purposes
- Printing of winning photographs in Dalgety Community Trust’s calendar 2023 or in other publicity materials at the discretion of Dalgety Community Trust including printing in local media. We will always ask that the press credit photographers where the images are used but cannot be held responsible for errors and omissions.
- Inclusion of winning photographs on the Dalgety Community Trust website and Dalgety Community Trust related social media accounts. Photographers will be credited alongside their work.
The information you provide will be collected and stored by Dalgety Community Trust and processed in accordance with the Data Protection regulations. We will only use your information for the purposes of administration of the Competition (including publishing your name if you are a winner) and any other purposes to which you have consented. We will not pass your details on to any third party
Indemnity and Limitation of Liability
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, Dalgety Community Trust excludes its liability for any loss, damage, injury, cost or expense suffered by you, whether directly or indirectly and howsoever caused, in connection with the Competition.
- You agree to indemnify Dalgety Community Trust and keep Dalgety Community Trust indemnified against any loss, damage, injury, cost or expense suffered by Dalgety Community Trust as a result of your entry in the Competition, including (but not limited to) any claim of infringement of intellectual property rights made by any third party.
- You agree that if you are the winner, you will take part in and cooperate fully with reasonable publicity and to the use of your name and photograph in such publicity.
- Dalgety Community Trust reserves the right to modify these Terms and Conditions at any time through the Dalgety Community Trust website without giving notice.
If you would like to remove your entry from the competition then you can do so by emailing [email protected]
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with Scottish Law and will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish court.